The Most Recent Demand Trends in Higher Education
Download the presentation and watch a recording from Gray's monthly webcast on employer needs and student demand for higher education. Our monthly analysis includes trends in student demand by city, program, degree level and channel. We also profile labor markets to help schools identify fields with strong job growth and wages. This data includes insights on the specific skills required to land a job. Here are a few of the highlights from April that were released in May:
- Overall student demand for higher education continued to decline 15% (see chart below).
- But, some of the trends are strongly diverging by segment.
- Student demand for on-ground programs fell 18%, while the student demand for online programs grew 9%.
- Conversions on-ground slipped 17%, but online conversions are up close to 70%.
- Mature Learners are an emerging segment with unusual interests.
Please fill out the form to the right to download all of the trends from the live webcast on May 25th.