The Most Recent Demand Trends for Higher Education
Through October, the year-to-date student demand was down 10% (see chart below) when compared to 2016. Download our monthly update for all of the latest student and employer demand trends derived from Gray's Program Evaluation System (PES). Here are a few of the highlights from October:
- Since we began tracking new program announcements, most are for health and business programs.
- The year-over-year decline in total inquiries slowed from 10% to 3%.
- Online programs led the turnaround.
- Only one of the five cities with the most inquiries since January of 2012 (The Big 5 Cities) grew year-over-year.
- 62% of job postings for Human Services cite a Bachelor's as the minimum level of required education.
Are you interested in accessing all of the demand trends from October? Please fill out the form to download the presentation or watch a recording from our live webcast on November 16th.