The Regional Vice President of Business Development is a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced senior leader responsible for initiating and closing sales opportunities. They will significantly accelerate Gray Associates’ growth and profitability and help fulfill the company’s vision to help Higher Education institutions choose the best academic programs to enable their growth and serve their communities. This position achieves these goals by developing and implementing Gray’s business development strategy and tactics
In addition, this position will:
- Create, administer, and implement the sales development strategies and tactics for the company
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, and follow-up with potential prospects through multiple sales, communications, and marketing methods (eg, cold calling, emails, etc)
- Oversee and implement a full sales cycle, including market research, needs analysis, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell
- Maintain relationships with clients to ensure project success
- Pitch capabilities and communicate unique selling propositions based on the leaders of Higher Education’s needs and Gray’s solutions.
- Create and customize presentations and other sales materials
- Respond to RFPs, review MSAs and other contractual agreements, and work with other members of Gray’s senior team to write proposals and SoWs, including the preparation of project budgets
- Establish and achieve sales goals, metrics, and milestones. Track and report on progress and success within Gray’s CRM system.
- Provide specific higher-education expertise and relevant experience to the product and services portfolio and strategic planning process as needed
- Capture prospect and market needs and trends and consult with other senior leadership and internal teams for solution development
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of sales or business development experience. Special consideration will be given to those with knowledge of the Higher Education market.
- Track record of closing deals. History of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience leading and executing full sales cycle (prospecting through closing and retention/upsell).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to consistently manage numerous high priority projects at the same time
- Ability to present a professional image to senior leaders of Higher Education institutions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines
- Fully competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems. Able to learn new technology systems quickly.
To apply to the position please sent your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Gray Associates
Gray Associates, Inc. is a data analytics, software and strategy consulting firm focused on higher education. We help colleges and universities develop data-informed academic program strategies that maximize outcomes for students, institutions, and their constituencies. Our subscription software helps clients evaluate academic program portfolios, analyze competition, and assess employer needs. Beyond our software offerings, we provide strategic research and consulting support to colleges and universities.